Monday, February 15, 2010

Let the Weddings Commence

And so we begin. Valentine's Day has just passed, and with all that love in the air, it's no wonder that there is talk of weddings. Which is what this blog is all about. Weddings. Weddings, and more weddings. I am young (twenties), single, and attend weddings on a regular basis. In fact, I've attended around 40 in the last six years and been invited to more than that. How about that? Big, medium, small, I've seen and experienced a variety of weddings. Beyond that, my friends have shared with me more moments than I ever imagined would occur in the few hours you spend celebrating someone's life choices. Belly dancers in Atlanta, a bridesmaid dress with wings, a sit-down dinner that only offered sweet tea and water. I feel confident that many Southern girls have had my experience with weddings, but think it's high time we talked about them. My hope is that you walk away knowing you can throw a perfectly decent one with a smaller budget and without Cirque du Soleil dancers as entertainment. Here goes- my toast to the disease I have tentatively named : Bridal Brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment